Today’s technology and business landscape has created ever-growing opportunities for new industries to flourish. This also creates new ways for opportunists to acquire money through illegal means. White-collar crimes are the legal infractions of the business world.
If you or your business are accused of white-collar crime, you need an Cumming criminal defense lawyer who understands the nature of the business world and can be meticulous in your defense. For white-collar criminal defense in Cumming, you want Miles Hansford.
Georgia has nine separate articles in its criminal code for offenses related to forgery and fraudulent practices. Its regulations on banking and finance are even more extensive. Other administrative regulations may be backed up by the courts, as well. The breadth of these regulations demonstrate that white-collar crime is a large umbrella category that encompasses many potential infractions.
White-collar crime covers these offenses and more:
- Publishing false statements about the assets or liabilities of a financial institution
- Certifying checks beyond the amount available to the issuing institution
- Theft, trespass, invasion of privacy, forgery, or password disclosure via computer
- Using counterfeit identity information in order to obtain employment
- Using a device that falsifies information of electronic cash registers
Why Choose Our Firm?
If you face criminal or civil charges in Cumming related to white-collar infractions, we are confident that we can assist you. We are dedicated attorneys with experience in both prosecution and defense. Always professional in the courtroom, we bring the experience to your case that your business needs.
Brian A. HansfordAttorney & Founding PartnerBrian Hansford is one of the founding partners of Miles Hansford, LLC. With over 15 years of experience, he is the leading criminal defense attorney at the firm and has successfully represented clients facing DUIs, drug violations and felonies, as well as ...
Mr. Hanford and firm are the best people and attorneys as far as my family is concerned. Very compassionate, diligent, and experienced. Would use Mr. Hanford again and highly recommend them.
- We Provide a One-on-One Client Experience
- We're Committed to Finding a Solution
- Years of Collective Legal Experience
- We Want the Best for Each Client