Civil Litigation Associate
Miles Hansford, LLC is a growing, full-service law firm with offices in Forsyth and North Fulton counties, that is seeking a Civil Litigation Associate to join the firm at its main office in Cumming.
We are looking to add an associate attorney to our talented civil litigation team who can work in a fast-paced environment, is organized, detail-oriented and able to think on their feet. The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of litigation experience in commercial and real estate related matters but the firm will consider recent graduates. Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills, very strong legal research, writing and verbal communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook required. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a lawyer who wishes to establish themselves over the long term and grow as a professional.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conduct research on current caselaw
- Draft pleadings, motions and briefs
- Propound and respond to discovery requests
- Courtroom appearances – local and appellate
- Direct client contact with consultations, updates and strategy meetings
- Undergraduate and postgraduate degree in law from accredited universities
- Current admission to the State Bar of Georgia
- 2-3 years minimum experience in civil litigation is ideal but will consider recent graduates
- Self-starter who exhibits a sense of urgency
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, and writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. Miles Hansford, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Salary range depends on level of experience.