Enforcing a Divorce Order

Long after a divorce decree is issued, individuals in Cumming may still have legal questions. For example, it is possible that an ex-spouse fails to abide by the terms of the divorce order. In this case, it’s essential to consult a¬†family law¬†attorney about legal remedies. The family law attorney may need to file additional petitions with the court.

You can hear more about these legal options when you watch this brief video. This expert explains that an ex-spouse who fails to pay alimony might have his or her wages garnished. Alternatively, the court may issue a lien against that person’s property. Since a noncompliant ex-spouse may cause the other ex to suffer serious financial repercussions, it’s advisable to seek the counsel of a seasoned attorney right away.

Related Posts
  • Can I Still Date During a Divorce in Georgia? Read More
  • Should I Wait to File for Divorce Until After the Holidays? Read More
  • The Long-Term Implications of Financial Mistakes During Divorce Read More