When Your Ex Is Not Abiding by Divorce Terms

You ended your marriage because things were not working out, and you felt it would be better to just move on. You and your ex agreed to certain divorce terms and went on your way. Weeks, months or years down the line, your ex is not abiding by the terms to which you both agreed. What can you, as a Georgia resident, do to resolve the issue?

You’d think that, after setting divorce terms, it would be easy for each party to follow them. What in life is ever truly easy, though? People get angry andĀ people experience life changes. There are a number of reasons why someone may choose not to abide by the terms of the dissolution agreement.

If you find yourself dealing with an ex-spouse who is not meeting his or her end of the deal, you don’t have to take it. You can try talking things out or negotiating new terms if you feel that would help the matter. The state of Georgia also allows you to have your ex held in contempt of court. To learn how, please take a moment and visit our firm’s website.

Wondering for what reasons you can file a complaint in court? You may seek to have your ex held in contempt if he or she is not paying child or spousal support, fails to follow your custody plan or is refusing to distribute assets according to your property division settlement. If you are dealing with an ex who is simply failing to abide by the terms of yourĀ divorce, the sooner you take action to deal with the matter, the better. Legal counsel can help you with that.

Related Posts
  • Can I Still Date During a Divorce in Georgia? Read More
  • Should I Wait to File for Divorce Until After the Holidays? Read More
  • The Long-Term Implications of Financial Mistakes During Divorce Read More